With rising fuel costs and inflation hitting us from every angle, U.S. sales of electric and semi-electric vehicles are trending up at an amazing pace. In the first three months of 2022 alone, EV registrations shot up 60%, now equating to around 5% of all new cars sold.
By now, most people know there are a growing number of reasons to consider going electric for their next new car purchase. Top of that list are:
- Lower fuel costs and better economy
- Driving range no longer needs to be a limitation
- Fewer carbon emissions
- Styling and performance
- Lower cost of repairs and maintenance
- The charging infrastructure has matured
- There are likely federal, state, local or utility credits available for going electric
In terms of EV options, you may choose to pursue a hybrid, plug-in hybrid or fully electric model. As you decide what’s best for you, here are a few questions you may want to ask yourself:
- Where and how far do you drive?
- Where will you charge your car – at home or in public? How important is fast charging?
- What’s your price range and how important are financial incentives?
- How important is brand and performance – brand cachet, speed and handling?
- How quickly do you need to make a purchase?
As you take these factors into consideration, you’ll want to explore all vehicles that meet your specific criteria. To prepare you for the process of evaluating your options, I’d highly recommend the following EV reports as two of the best resources available in 2022.
Good luck with your purchase journey and let us know what you buy!