The future of transportation is ever-evolving, and we were excited to support Meritor on the start of production of its 14Xe ePowertrain. As part of Meritor’s Blue Horizon advanced technology portfolio, the 14Xe ePowertrain is a fully integrated, all-electric drive system and is the only integrated electric powertrain in production for Class 8 trucks in North America.
The 14Xe ePowertrain is designed to provide efficiency, performance, weight savings and enhanced space utilization. As part of Meritor’s quest for more efficient and intelligent systems, they have been focused on the future of advanced technologies for more than 20 years. Meritor’s Blue Horizon products help propel the commercial vehicle industry forward, which is something that we’ve written about previously,
Following the start of production announcement, Meritor also announced several high-level key partnerships in relation to the 14Xe’s electrification efforts, including Thomas Built Buses, Paccar, Lion Electric and additional OEs across the industry.
The Blue Horizon 14Xe campaign generated very positive metrics and hit primary media KPIs: awareness (targeted brand volume) and product excitement (asset clicks and page metrics). Media placements successfully landed in front of fleet managers, maintenance mangers and c-suite executives, along with companies allied to the EV space (among other targeted parameters)
Additionally, the expansive media mix of programmatic, eblast, social and display provided ample opportunities to get the Blue Horizon message in front of key decision makers at the right frequency.
Deploying LinkedIn was a crucial part of the media mix, given the platform’s hyper targeting capabilities. The audience focus was on major OEMs and those allied to the EV field in terms of fleet operations. CTR was strong at 0.57% (typical range is .44% to .62%) and generated over 124K impressions, which means we helped get this huge revolution in transportation off to a huge start.
- 2.8M targeted impressions across a variety of media tactics
- 29K clicks (includes social “likes” and “play” video clicks)
- 1.01% CTR – very high, when compared to industry CTRs between .06-.08%
- 5,800+ pageviews on /14Xe while in market with digital media
Through our public relations efforts, we helped Meritor develop an integrated campaign to announce the start of production, managing media relations and tracking coverage, which resulted in a variety of trade publications. We were excited to have the 14Xe selected as one of Heavy Duty Trucking’s “Top New Products of the Year.”
Media highlights included:
- Preview article/Meritor inclusion: https://www.truckinginfo.com/10161503/hdt-announces-top-20-new-products-1
- Article preview: https://www.fleetmaintenance.com/equipment/powertrain/press-release/21249397/meritor-inc-meritor-to-begin-production-of-14xe-epowertrain
- Article preview: https://www.ccjdigital.com/alternative-power/article/15286152/meritor-begins-production-of-14xe-electric-powertrain
- Teaser campaign leading up to launch week before
- Live video launch on Facebook and YouTube on 12/6/21
- Generated 65,242 views to date on YouTube;
- Reached 47,861 people on Facebook, 4,503 engagements, 2,241 video views
- Sharing of “Making Of” video after launch on 12/8
With results like these, the client was thrilled, and it means we helped get this huge revolution in transportation off to a huge start.