In this business, you’ve got to be moving forward, thinking ahead, and breaking new ground to keep your brand relevant and interesting. But, sometimes a peek backwards can be a good thing. So courtesy of HubSpot, we can take a well-organized look at 12 of the most memorable and successful ad campaigns…ever.
I recall every single one of these campaigns, even if #4, #5 and #9 were before my time. They are iconic examples of great advertising, so as a student of marketing, they were part of my vocabulary. As I look at them with a fresh eye today, I have the same reaction I did the first time I saw them: Remarkable. Brilliant. Artfully strategic. Every one of them. Why? Because they tapped into the emotional connection between brand, culture and consumer. When you do that, you’re destined for greatness. So take a look back. Then move forward.
- Nike: Just Do It.
- Absolut Vodka: The Absolut Bottle
- Miller Lite: Great Taste, Less Filling
- Volkswagen: Think Small
- Marlboro: Marlboro Man
- California Milk Processor Board: Got Milk?
- Dove: Real Beauty
- Apple: Get a Mac
- Clairol: Does She or Doesn’t She?
- De Beers: A Diamond is Forever
- Old Spice: The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
- Wendy’s: Where’s the Beef?