HMH Agency was honored with two gold and one silver ADDYs – plus two additional awards that included a “Best of Campaign” nod – at the Charlotte 2021 American Advertising Awards Gala on February 24.
HMH was decorated in the following categories:
- GOLD: Elements of Advertising Art Direction – Single – Illuminated Truck Design
- GOLD: Film, Video & Sound Regional/National Television Commercial Campaign – eVersus Videos
- SILVER: Cross Platform Integrated Advertising Campaigns – Regional/National B-to-B – Miles Ahead Campaign
- Judges Choice: Miles Ahead Campaign
- Best of Campaign: Miles Ahead Campaign
The awards are tied to HMH’s work on the Freightliner Miles Ahead campaign, which was developed as both a literal and figurative expression of where Freightliner was in the electric truck race compared to the competition.
The work – which consisted of print ads, multi-page magazine inserts, a video series, truck wraps, a traveling roadshow, social media, blogs, emails and numerous native and display digital ads – showed that Freightliner electric trucks weren’t just ready for the road, they were already racking up miles in real fleets and hauling real loads. You can see some of the Miles Ahead work here.
“We’re honored to be recognized for the Miles Ahead campaign and Detroit eMobility work by AAF Charlotte,” said Shawn Kelley, Executive Creative Director. “I’m so proud of our team and our clients for doing such a great job in bringing this important EV message to life in such an awesome way. It’s a great example of how HMH powers brands that are creating the future of transportation.”
Below is one of the videos from the eVersus series. If you ever suspected that an electric toothbrush had an edge over an eCascadia truck … think again.
Great job, team!