Our Sr. Account Executive will be piloting key accounts and ensuring we’re developing the best strategic and creative work to drive our clients’ business. You will be a vital partner to the client team, understanding their needs and helping them develop plans and achieve their goals. You will be teaming up with an Account Director and consistently collaborating with other agency teammates – including brand strategy, creative, digital, media and production. An aptitude to drive work and take accountability for it is important. Accurately assessing people and circumstances, combined with the ability to think on your feet is imperative.
what we would like to see
- Assume role of a primary day-to-day client contact
- Cultivate a positive and trusted relationship with client and internal teams
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the client’s business, keeping up on industry trends and events
- Effectively collaborate to develop integrated marketing communication plans, creative briefs, proposals, presentations, and other elements needed to deliver on strategic goals and manage expectations for all work
- Understand methods of measurement for plan and project success to demonstrate effectiveness, ROI, and new opportunity
- Generate strategic solutions, proactively demonstrating your ability to solve problems and respond to opportunities
- Use knowledge of advertising processes in all channels (branded content, video, print, digital, radio, outdoor, etc.) to help facilitate and deliver on client initiatives
- Present project estimates and timelines, and help manage delivering work on time and on budget
- Update weekly status reports and participate in weekly status meetings
- Issue next step reports following client meetings to ensure alignment on deliverables
- Review and reconcile monthly client billing
- Demonstrate a willingness for continuous learning and proactively participate in opportunities
- Foster positive morale in the workplace
- Report to Account Director
- 4+ years advertising/branding agency account management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Demonstrated account leadership, self-motivation, and interest to grow
- Strong grasp of digital landscape and technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative nature
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Exceptional initiative and follow-through skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects with a keen attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, resourceful, and solution-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines and budget
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- Ability to travel for business as required (when safe to do so)
How to apply
- Provide a resume with your experience, background, and interests via the Apply Now link below.
This job description serves as an overall summary of responsibilities for the position outlined. Please note it is subject to change with specific expectations associated with the position.
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not the practice of HMH to sponsor individuals for work visas.
HMH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.