If you thrive in a fast-moving agency environment, feel happiest when juggling and organizing, have deep experience running all types of projects, and long to immerse yourself in whatever you’re doing, you might be the perfect addition to our team.
So, what does a Project Manager/Producer do at HMH?
The project manager/producer functions as the hub of all projects, bridging the gap between the process of concepting great work, producing it, and delivering it on time and on budget. They are responsible for the flow of the project from inception to completion, from kickoff to delivery. The project manager leads by partnering with account managers and creatives to negotiate the multiple relationships within any project—whether with internal team members, or any variety of partners (such as freelancers or contractors). This is not an account management/client facing position, although being comfortable communicating with clients is a must, especially during more agile digital project production, creating confidence and trust in the production process.
A skilled project manager is always walking that fine line between leading and supporting; between keeping a team on track and keeping a team happy and productive. That’s why knowing how to communicate and work well with both the account management and creative teams at all levels within the agency is a huge part of this role. It’s understanding how best to manage and inspire people with a wide range of personality types. It’s understanding how to mitigate risks and how to handle stakeholders in all types of situations.
- Owning and managing the production process (from creative development through production and final delivery or launch)
- Researching and vetting outside creative partners, freelancers and vendors, and allocating resources (internal and external) in conjunction with creative director
- Defining project steps, tasks and requirements
- Creating schedules; communicating and tracking timelines and milestones
- Providing specifications and project requirements
- Producing the work! Which means sometimes having an engineering mindset.
- QA/proofing and confirming creative work meets specifications
- Trafficking and coordination
- Facilitating kick off meetings, negotiating conflicts, building up teams and group dynamics, and enabling creative thought processes
- Collaborating on budget with account manager and developing and managing estimates
- Corresponding with clients as needed throughout the production process
- Resourcing and working with various vendors for estimates, schedules and execution as it relates to the project
- Maintaining an enthusiastic and positive work environment
- Maintaining a watchful eye on the goals and objectives of the project
what we would like to see
- 5+ years of agency production management experience required
- Degree in advertising/marketing or related field
- Digital experience (understanding agile project management, digital specs, digital media and advertising, web development, CMS)
- Traditional experience (understanding print process and production, traditional media and advertising)
- Video experience (understanding the video production process, including production, talent, editing, trafficking, video content development)
- Sense of ownership/leadership; you’re not going to let anyone down
- Understanding of agency nuances
- Advanced proofreading and writing skills
- Deep attention to detail with process-centric focus is a must
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage a high volume of agency projects from start to launch
- Experience developing and managing schedules
- Experience developing and managing estimates
- Strong understanding of all roles in the process
- Ability to traffic all projects
- Demonstrates ability to be proactive and a problem-solver
- Demonstrates tenacity, determination and confidence
Interested? We hope so.
Send resume and references via the Apply link below.
HMH is a full-service creative marketing communications agency offering brand strategy, advertising, design, public relations, digital services and media planning/buying. We are united by our desire to apply creativity and smart thinking to everything we touch. We believe in the power of originality, strategy and, of course, fun!
HMH is a low-ego, full-service advertising and communications agency with a focus on working with brands who are helping to build the future of transportation. We are united by our desire to apply creativity and smart thinking to everything we touch. We believe in the power of originality, strategy and, of course, fun.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.