HMH is looking for a junior art director to join our Portland creative team. Our junior art director will work closely with our creative teams, coming up with ideas that will push boundaries and create work that gets noticed – plus, occasionally plan an event or outing once things get back to normal. Curiosity and flexibility are important, because what you work on can change daily. Being a team player is also important since around here, everyone steps in to do what it takes to get the job done – whether that’s working on new business or making sure a print file is perfect to go. So, what are we looking for in a junior art director?
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as part of the creative team to develop ideas and solutions for clients. Projects could include marketing campaigns, video concepts, web design, collateral layout, banner ads, eblasts, print ads, packaging, signage, ooh, etc.
- Support creative leads in developing and completing campaign elements.
- When required, make edits and produce mechanicals with a review of prepress file specifications to maintain consistent file preparation suitable for outputting by publications or vendors.
- Work with the creative department in developing methods to create and maintain consistent file preparation.
- Check artwork for completeness and assure adherence to standards and communicate as necessary to eliminate and prevent errors and problems.
- Collect and distribute assets for preparation of production artwork as necessary.
what we would like to see
- Two to four years of experience as a graphic designer, production designer or junior art director
- Fluency in all the expected Adobe CC programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) on MacOS, as well as PowerPoint
- A portfolio or website that shows a balance between conceptual thinking and good design
- An understanding of and skills in production and digital design, with a willingness to step in to help in those areas when needed
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Incredible attention to detail
- The ability to solve problems under tight deadlines while staying positive
- Experience with press checks and knowledge of basic printing terms and techniques
You also get extra points for video and motion graphics experience. This is a full-time position, so if you think you’re the one, we’re looking forward to hearing from you. Just send your portfolio/resume link or PDF through the apply now button below.
HMH is a low-ego, full-service advertising and communications agency with a focus on working with brands who are helping to build the future of transportation. We are united by our desire to apply creativity and smart thinking to everything we touch. We believe in the power of originality, strategy and, of course, fun.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.