- Supervise the accounting department for the agency.
- Reports to president.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of all financial reports.
- Monthly closing.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and profit/loss statements.
- Prepare monthly reporting for president.
- Maintain all corporate accounting records.
- Prepare year-end tax information for CPA.
- Work with CPA regarding taxes and depreciation.
- Maintain control of receipts (accounts receivable) and disbursements (accounts payable).
- Manage cash/banking.
- Prepare annual and monthly operating budgets and revenue forecasts.
- Prepare mid-month revenue estimate.
- Process quarterly and year-end tax deposits and payments.
- Process monthly insurance A/P: medical, dental, life insurance, LTD.
- Participate in agency Leadership Team.
- Process WIPS, previews, final invoices and client statements.
- Run monthly reports for copiers and E-pro (electronic production) and enter in Advantage.
- Process online company payroll, reconciliation and deductions.
- Maintain insurance files including company casualty, fire, professional liability, partners’ life insurance, etc.
what we would like to see
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to HMH values.
- College degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Experience with the Advantage agency operating system or other integrated accounting software platform.
- Advertising agency experience preferred, but at least five years of experience in a related field and role (supervisory experience, billing, financial statements).
- Proficient in Excel.
- Competency in Microsoft programs including Word, Outlook and Teams.
HMH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.