The primary focus of the Account Supervisor is piloting key accounts and cultivating, strengthening, and growing client relationships. You ensure that we are developing the best strategic and creative work to drive our clients’ business. You are a vital partner to our client team, understanding their needs and helping them develop plans to achieve their goals.
You also consistently collaborate with other agency teammates, including brand strategy, creative, media, digital and project management to foster brand team creativity and ideation of brand-building ideas. An aptitude to drive work and take accountability through the life of a project(s) is important. Accurately assessing people and circumstances, combined with the ability to course correct when needed and think on your feet is imperative.
what we would like to see
- Effectively develop integrated marketing communication plans, creative briefs, proposals, presentations, and other elements needed to deliver on strategic goals and manage expectations for all work from start to finish
- Generate and deliver strategic solutions, proactively demonstrating your ability to solve problems and respond to opportunities in the context of the client’s business
- Cultivate a positive and trusted relationship with client and internal teams
- Command a thorough knowledge of the client’s business, keeping up on industry trends and events
- Understand methods of measurement for plan success to demonstrate effectiveness, ROI, and opportunity
- Take ownership of and retain accountability for all client plans and budgets.
- Develop and manage client revenue projections
- Partner with agency internal teams to develop strategic recommendations and growth opportunities for the client
- Review and reconcile monthly client billing
- Foster positive morale in the workplace
- Demonstrate a willingness for continuous learning and proactively participate in opportunities
- Supervise, train and mentor account executive(s)
- Report and collaborate with Account Director and/or Client Services Director
- 8+ years of agency experience in leading accounts
- Undergraduate degree
- Demonstrated success in attracting, managing and growing clients
- Proven track record of taking projects and initiatives from insights to objectives to strategies to tactics
- Proactive, resourceful, and solution-oriented
- Deep understanding of digital production steps and processes – responsible for high level digital communication to clients
- Demonstrated account leadership, initiative and interest to grow
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative nature
- Player-coach mentality
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines and budgets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with collaborative project management tools
- Ability to travel for business when needed (and when safe to do so)
How to apply
- Provide a resume with your experience, background, and interests via the Apply Now link below.
This job description serves as an overall summary of responsibilities for the position outlined. Please note it is subject to change with specific expectations associated with the position.
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not the practice of HMH to sponsor individuals for work visas.
HMH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.